To register for any student activity or club fill out the following google document:
Are you questioning whether you or your child should get involved with extracurricular activities? Here is a list of reasons why you should get involved:
1. It allows students to become connected to their school: Schools are full of resources, but the responsibility is on the student to seek them out. Being involved helps them to do that.
2. It helps them build community: Getting involved helps them discover new friends with similar interests.
3. It allows them to discover their passions and strengths: These will follow them all through life. It allows them to discover what they don’t like, too.
4. It’s a résumé builder: Freshman year is not too soon to begin thinking about positioning yourself for future employment.
5. Sometimes, busier kids do better in all areas: This will vary a lot by the student, of course, but more free time does not always equal better grades. Being involved will require some organization and time management on the part of the student—and that’s a good thing. (Source: USNews.com/education)
Here is a list of scholarly articles that support involvement in extra-curricular activities: