We wanted to let you know about an exciting event coming to P-CCS. This will be the first year that Relay for Life will be hosted by the district. Relay for Life is a benefit for the American Cancer Society. The event is November 5th from 12pm-8pm at the Salem Bus Loop (behind Salem High School). All P-CCS staff, students, parents and others are welcome to participate. The event has teams of walkers as well as ‘team sites’ surrounding the bus loop. At these sites teams often run games, sell food or other goods. It’s all in an effort to end the fight against cancer, so we would love to have every building in the district represented.
We will also be hosting a celebration event for cancer survivors and caregivers at 3pm the day of the Relay. We invite everyone to help us celebrate these groups! There will be different activities and competitions running throughout the day as well as entertainment on the stage provided by all different types of P-CCS groups.
You can help out in numerous ways. Please consider one of the following:
- Creating and registering a team. Sign up here: http://relay.acsevents.org/sit
- Show the attached video to your students, student clubs/activities and athletics, or PTOs. We want as many people as possible involved!
- Invite a survivor or caregiver so we can celebrate them at 3pm!
- Donate to the event here: https://secure.acsevents.org/s
ite/Donation2?idb=1451862854&d f_id=1012023&FR_ID=78622&mfc_p ref=T&PROXY_ID=78622&PROXY_TYP E=21&1012023.donation=form1
- Attend one of our fundraisers starting this Thursday 9/28 at Sky
one from 4-8 pm. (See attached doc for more information)
- Plan to attend the event and support our teams on November 5th. Bring neighbors and friends, too!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. If you have other ideas of ways to help we would love to hear any and all ideas!
Canton Class Council Advisor